Morning Gooners,
Finally, finally finally..we managed to win a game. And what a game that was. I will be honest with you, I stopped watching our games after Swansea game. My GF broke my heart once but Arsenal broke it 3 week in a row. And I wasn't up for another time cause I really didn't know what to expect. But as it turned out it was an epic epic epic match. This is what cups are about. This is what knockouts are meant to be. I saw the game afterwards in highlights and men oh men it was like i was on cloud9.
There have been all the match reports and I'd not do one. I'd just shed light on some of the points that many have missed. Yes, it was great to see Bac back, but what we missed was seeing Gibbs in the background. He was watching on nervously. Yes, he was not on the bench but, he was there among players and dug out can very well say, he might be back soon as well and lets hope he doesn't get injured again before our Samba boy returns. Man, I miss watching Santos on the field. That huffing and puffing just 10mins into the game. Those scary tackles and some what dodgy and shaky defending. But as soon as ball is at his feet, he looks like Matt Bomer in 'White Collar' not as handsome but just as skillful. More often than not I have seen that even if he's crowded by 3 opposition players, he'll be able to find the fellow team mate something that even best of our players haven't been able to do. Here it is to wish him quick recovery and for us to many flair games from him.
This season has been the season when some of our players have just come of age. One of them is Laurent Koscilney. Now when I saw him winning the penalty this game, it reminded me that he could have won us 2-3more if not refs were not blind. Remember when he struck the hand of Micah Richards? or Again in I guess against Fulham? Can be a very good contribution from a CB. He for me has been the Arsenal Player of the Season. I know every one will jump up and say its RvP, but I am one of those who love defenders who could tackle, head and intercept just as well. And he is bloody wall in our defense. What strikes me the most about him is his right leg. I swear many times I feel that he doesn't have any bone in that leg. And all this at what 20K a week. I guess last year I had read that he would earn something around 30K a week after bonuses. What a bargain!!! And what Chavs pay Cahill 120K a week?
Now tomorrow we're up against Trotters. I am very much hopeful with all of Le Coq, Bac and Arteta(Man, we missed him so much) back and fit. I think we should win this one. Here's to another victory. Oh, and my Blog on FFP will be next week. I hope to have enough time to write that. Till next week...
Finally, finally finally..we managed to win a game. And what a game that was. I will be honest with you, I stopped watching our games after Swansea game. My GF broke my heart once but Arsenal broke it 3 week in a row. And I wasn't up for another time cause I really didn't know what to expect. But as it turned out it was an epic epic epic match. This is what cups are about. This is what knockouts are meant to be. I saw the game afterwards in highlights and men oh men it was like i was on cloud9.
There have been all the match reports and I'd not do one. I'd just shed light on some of the points that many have missed. Yes, it was great to see Bac back, but what we missed was seeing Gibbs in the background. He was watching on nervously. Yes, he was not on the bench but, he was there among players and dug out can very well say, he might be back soon as well and lets hope he doesn't get injured again before our Samba boy returns. Man, I miss watching Santos on the field. That huffing and puffing just 10mins into the game. Those scary tackles and some what dodgy and shaky defending. But as soon as ball is at his feet, he looks like Matt Bomer in 'White Collar' not as handsome but just as skillful. More often than not I have seen that even if he's crowded by 3 opposition players, he'll be able to find the fellow team mate something that even best of our players haven't been able to do. Here it is to wish him quick recovery and for us to many flair games from him.
This season has been the season when some of our players have just come of age. One of them is Laurent Koscilney. Now when I saw him winning the penalty this game, it reminded me that he could have won us 2-3more if not refs were not blind. Remember when he struck the hand of Micah Richards? or Again in I guess against Fulham? Can be a very good contribution from a CB. He for me has been the Arsenal Player of the Season. I know every one will jump up and say its RvP, but I am one of those who love defenders who could tackle, head and intercept just as well. And he is bloody wall in our defense. What strikes me the most about him is his right leg. I swear many times I feel that he doesn't have any bone in that leg. And all this at what 20K a week. I guess last year I had read that he would earn something around 30K a week after bonuses. What a bargain!!! And what Chavs pay Cahill 120K a week?
Now tomorrow we're up against Trotters. I am very much hopeful with all of Le Coq, Bac and Arteta(Man, we missed him so much) back and fit. I think we should win this one. Here's to another victory. Oh, and my Blog on FFP will be next week. I hope to have enough time to write that. Till next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment