Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Arsene Wenger--The Road Not Taken

Hey,


Season is over. We came third. Better then last season. We are in CL and the usual summer starts. Will he, won't he.  It is like waiting for Harry Potter novel. Will he kill Voldemort or the chosen one will be killed. Publicity. Expectations. And we welcome Summer of 2012 with the same fragrance in the air.


To summarize everything:


Robin is not going to sign contract.
Juventus is chasing Robin.
Real are chasing Robin.
Manchester City are ready to bid for Robin.
Yann M'Villa is coming to Arsenal.
Chelsea to bid for Theo.
Manchester United want Robin.
Chelsea want Robin.
Juventus are out of race to sign RvP.
Yann M'Vila to decide his future after Euroes.


These all sound so fanatic, perspiring, tiring and above all boring. Every one wants to sell. Every one wants people to click on their sites. Every one wants to get comments but no one wants to be original. So every day we hear the same.


Today when I was visiting some blog and during that read few comments. That said Arsene this, Arsene that. Well, he is so much more than this or that. And I wondered to my self what will he be thinking about him and I remembered poem by one of my favorites, Robert Frost. The poem was 'The Road not taken'.


It went some thing like this:




Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
  I took the one less traveled by,
   And that has made all the difference.



May be every time Arsene might be looking at his trophy cabinet and say fuck all, why he cares so much about a club that I had to build them a new stadium, a grand stadium. A stadium where instead of just 20,000 fans booing him 60,000 boos him. And forget that, once he did that then he should have gone back and spent some money and then some more and some more to a level that club might need a Messiah to save it.


Why the fuck did he take a road less traveled and decided to give fans and world a new spectacle. Why did he decide to get some young chaps instead of old war horses. Why? Well, may be so they could stab him in the back? Hleb did it, Flamini did it and he thought they were just ignorant brats and others love and believe in him as much as he does in them. So he should stick to his policies. But these arrogant brats were still not done. Out came Adebayor and he was followed by Samir Nasri and Cesc the Fab.


But even after being broken, humiliated by his own fans, supporters and  half the England, the man still walks tall. He's bruised, wounded, tired but he's not beaten.He still works hardest. He still is a man with honor and dignity. He takes what fans give him, world give him and moves on. And over the period of time this man has come to become what legends are made of. 


All I hope is the warrior in him roars back and shows the world however difficult an untrodden way might be its the way of believers, its the way of warriors, its the way of people who don't give up, its the way of courage and in the end that way takes you to your destination.


Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment